A Public Hearing shall be conducted within the coverage area of the broadcaster to enable the Commission determine:
- The level of compliance with the provisions of the NBC Act, the Code and other rules and regulations made by the Commission from time to time.
- The extent to which the License has benefited the people on whose behalf it is held.
- The appropriateness or otherwise of its renewal.
- The Commission shall cause the broadcaster to announce the public hearing in its coverage area, at least twice a day at prime time for a period of two weeks, prior to the hearing stating;
- date, time and venue fixed for hearing;
- the nature of the matters to be heard at the public hearing.
- The entire cost of the hearing shall be borne by the broadcaster.
- No application may be amended or varied and no supplementary or additional document may be filed after a notice in respect thereof has been published, except with the permission of the Commission.
- The Commission shall establish a Public Hearing Committee.
- The Commission shall notify the broadcaster of the date, time and place for the hearing.
- The Commission shall publish a notice of the application in at least two newspapers in circulation within the area normally served by the broadcaster.