BREACH PROFILE OF STATIONS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2016
- June 30, 2016
- 0 comments
BREACH PROFILE OF STATIONS FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH 2016
- SILVERBIRD TV, Abuja was fined Two Hundred Thousand naira (=N=200,000.00) for airing the following musicals: Olamide titled “Don’t stop” on March 9, 2016, Timaya featuring DJ Spin titled “Excuse me” aired on March 11, 2016, musical video of Phyno titled “Ezege” (Wickedest) with unsuitable lyrics, a contravention of Sections 18.104.22.168 (c), and 3.1.6 of the Code.
- ITV, ABUJA was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for the breach of Sections 3.6.1, 3.7.10 & 22.214.171.124 of the Code and airing an NTBB musical of Maye titled “Ekaete” on March 16, 2016.
- CROWTHER LOVE FM, ABUJA was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for airing a promo of Prophet J.K Hephzibah (a.k.a Baba Peculiar) with unsubstantiated and unverifiable claims of miracles for attendants of his Miracle Night, breaching Sections 4.3.1 (F) (G), 7.5.1(C) & 7.0.23 of the Code. Station was also fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for breaching Sections 1.9.3, 1.9.4, 3.6.1 & 4.5.1 of the Code. A presenter with the station on March 10, 2016 made an angry outburst and cursed because of technical hitches on his programme, thus; “Na so e dey do when e reach our time, saboteurs dem go spoil wetin we dey do. God go spoil una lives too… ”. These fines have been paid.
- RAYPOWER FM, ABUJA was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for airing a classified NTBB musical of Bigiano titled “Shayo” on March 9, 2016 thereby contravening Section 3.1.6 of the Code
- CRYSTAL FM MINNA, was a fined of One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for airing a classified NTBB musical of Olamide titled “Story for the gods” on March 1, 2016 as it contravened Section 3.1.6 of the Code
- NASARAWA STATE FM (NBS) KEFFI, was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (=N=100,000.00) for airing a classified NTBB musical of Olamide titled “Story for the gods” on March 1, 2016 as it contravened Section 3.1.6 of the Code.
- HOT FM, was cautioned and advised to repackage or provide proof of authentication in respect of an advert of Morning Fresh liquid with the superlative “Morning Fresh, Nigeria’s No 1 dish washing liquid which contravene Section 7.0.14 of the Code. Adverts were aired on March 7 & 23, 2016 respectively.
- NIG. INFO FM, ABUJA, was cautioned and advised to repackage or provide proof of authentication in respect of an Advert of SWAN Natural Spring Water with unsubstantiated claims, “Swan spring water is absolutely natural and perfectly pure”, a contravention of Section 7.0.18 of the Code. Adverts were aired on March 9, 23 and 28, 2016 respectively.
- NTA Minna, was cautioned and advised to repackage Amarya Household Furniture advert aired on Mach 27, 2016 which exceeded 60 seconds advert duration by 20secs a breach of Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- ADABA FM, AKURE on March 9, 2016 was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100,000.00) for hyping during their programme Labe Orun where the presenter hyped the services of Alhaji Agba Baba Alaanu, a spiritualist, thus, “I am greeting Alhaji Agba Alaanu that is at Okogba in Idi Mangoro, Akure here for all spiritual challenges by God’s grace, prayer solves challenges, call him on...” thereby contravening Section 7.0.15 of the Code. Station was also on March 23, 2016, warned for airing advertisement of 10mins in a 30 minutes programme, as against the Provisions of 6mins in a 30mins programme, thereby contravening Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- RAYPOWER FM BENIN on March 14, 2016 was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira ₦100,000.00 for airing trado medic advert of various trado medic practitioners, Offering treatments and cure for various health conditions which should rightly receive the attention of registered medical practitioners. Ailments listed on NAFDAC’s prohibition list were also aired.
Offer of advice relating to treatment of serious complaints and ailment such as Diabetes, Rheumatism, Miscarriage, Impotency, Pile, etc were mentioned as against Sections 7.3.3, 7.3.7 and 7.3.18 of the Code.
- EBS RADIO, BENIN on March 30, 2016 was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100,000.00) for airing Willy’s Lounge advert which lasted 1min 20secs and Lightings of God Technology advert which lasted 1min 32secs tereby exceeding 60secs spot advert. This breached Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- OSRC FM, AKURE on March 01, 2016 was warned for not upholding Good Taste and Decency and respect of Programme belt during their programme “Efe Galore” where the presenter made some indecent statements stating: “emi, na ma nlo condom, mo ma nti omi lo (I also use condom, I use it with water). This was aired during children’s belt 4.pm – 6pm, thereby contravening Sections 3.6.1, 3.7.3 and 4.2.1 of the Code.
Station was again warned on March 14 & 21, 2016 respectively, for airing Live/Outside Broadcasts and Authenticity during their programme “Owuro-lo jo” where the clip of 1993 elections which featured activities of Bashorun M.K.O. Abiola was aired to complement production without identifying the content as an archival material as against Section 3.5.2 and 5.3.9 of the Code and use of superlatives during the advert of Gate Cinematography advert was aired with the use of superlative thus, “...that is the best cinematography, We have the best services”, breaching Section 7.0.15 of the Code.
- ITV RADIO, BENIN on the March 03, 2016 was warned for breaching Section 7.0.10 of the code. Station aired advert of Mountain of Fire which lasted 1min 24secs exceeding the 60secs spot adverts.
- ORANGE FM, AKURE on March 16, 2016, was warned for not upholding Straight Dealing during the programme “Education Watch” which is suppose to be an educational oriented programme, but brought a prophet to announce a forthcoming religious programme; thereby neglecting the main core of the programme which should be education. This contravene Section 3.2.1 of the Code.
- DRTV WARRI on March 08, 2016 was warned for airing a movie titled blind folded men which contained sexually explicit and obscene material, lovemaking as against Section 4.2.2b of the Code.
- EKTV, EKITI on March 22, 2016 was warned for airing a programme titled “Day Break Nigeria” where they aired a documentary on Biafra agitation which led to the 1966 Civil war in Nigeria which contained inciting and provocative pictures. The content was divisive and threatens the peaceful coexistence of diverse tribes in Nigeria and the objective of the content could not be established. Similarly, the professional usage of archival materials and its identification was breached as against Sections 3.2.1, 3.1.2, 5.5.5, 3.5.3, 3.10.1 and 5.1.6 of the Code.
- NTA BENIN, on March 30, 2016 was warned for airing SOGB Gas advert with the use of superlatives: “The number one cooking gas in town”, as against Section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- AIT BENIN, on March 29, 2016 was warned for breaching Section 7.0.14 of the code. Station during its programme “I don’t Trust men” (drama), aired advert of Colgate toothpaste with the use of superlative: “Colgate the number one selling toothpaste”, as against Section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- RIZE FM, WARRI on March 25 & 28, 2016 was warned for airing Samvita advert with use of superlatives; “Samvita the BEST for market” as against Section 7.0.14 of the Code.
- MELODY FM, Warri on March 31, 2016 was warned for airing a Trado medic advert, where various trado medical practitioners claimed to have solutions for weak erection, stomach pain, joint and body weakness, low sperm count etc. Each advert lasted 2mins:42secs exceeding the 60secs spot adverts. Contravening Sections 7.3.5, 7.3.18 and 7.0.10 of the Code.
- MAGIC FM ABA (102.9 FM) was fined Seventy Five Thousand Naira
N75,000.00 for airing Tina’s Day School and Prince Ell School back-to-back. This is a recurrent breach on the station and violates Sections 1.5(d) of the code.
- ODENIGBO FM OBOSI (99.1 MHZ) was cautioned against further airing of inciting content in a religious broadcast on March 2, 2016 from 7-8pm which contravened Sections 3.4.7 and 4.3.1 of the code.
- RADIO SAPIENTIA ONITSHA (95.3FM) was cautioned and advised to repackage the advert of Core Mariae Girls Secondary School and Hillview Estate advert aired on March 3 at 7.22am and 7.35am respectively and both lasted for 70 secs. This violated Section 7.0.10 of the code.
- BCA RADIO FM UMUAHIA (88.1 FM) was cautioned and advised to expunge superlative in Obioma Roofing Sheet advert which was described as “Okacha MMa” meaning BEST and aired back-to-back with Agu Uwa Aluminum Roofing Sheet. This violated Section 7.0.14 & 1.5(d) of the Code.
- ESUT FM ENUGU (106.5 FM) was warned for breaching Section 7.0.15 of the Code. Station on March 18, 2016 between 4:06pm & 4:20pm had its presenter Nnamen hyping the services of Lenik Hotels and suite, thus; “They have a very good restaurant, good bar where they will serve you, they have security, 24 hours power supply …..” Nnamen also hyped Best Choice Shopping Center and Bathroom Solutions Ltd.
- IBC ORIENT TV OWERRI (94.4 MHZ) was warned and advised to stop broadcast of Iya Amina Wonder, a Trado-Medical practitioner that claimed to cure all eye diseases, contravening Section 7.3.5, 7.3.6 and 7.3.1 of the code.
- FRCN HEART LAND FM OWERRI (100.5 FM) was warned and advised to stop advert of Iya Amina Trado-Medics, aired on March 16, 2016 between 9:24pm & 9:25pm, which claimed to cure all types/kinds of eye disease “No matter the condition of the eye problem”. This violates Sections 7.3.1, 7.3.5 and 7.3.6 of the code.
- FRCN UNITY FM ABAKALIKI (101.5MHZ) was cautioned for airing advert of Destiny Natural Care on March 20, 2016 at 8.48pm and it lasted 87 secs. This contravened section 7.0.10 of the code.
- LOVE FM UMUAHIA (103.9 MHZ) was cautioned for airing advert of Demsel International Therapy Ltd on March 23, 2016 at 2.52pm which claimed to possess strong medicines that can cure strong ailments no matter how strong it tends to be. It equally claimed to cure bareness, ailment wey dey waka for your head, leg and even your body wey no dey function well, Demsel be the answer. This breached Sections 7.3.5, 7.3.6, 7.3.7 and 7.3.18 of the code.
- PETALS 103.5FM, IBADAN was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100,000) and directed to stop, “Aye Lokun”, a programme replete with promotion of negative myths, superstitious beliefs and paranormal on March 12, 2016. The programme breaches Sections 3.4.1, 4.2.2(c) and 7.0.23 of the Code.
- SWEET FM, ABEOKUTA was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100,000 on March 7, 2016 for airing a classified NTBB musicals which breaches Section 3.1.6 of the Code.
- LIVINGSPRING FM, OSOGBO was Fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100,000) on March 22, 2016 for unverifiable claims in herbal advertisement. Section 7.0.7, 7.0.18 and 7.0.23 of the Code were breached.
- SPACE FM, IBADAN was warned and advised to desist from broadcasting of disparaging comments and ridicule of another religion aired on March 9, 2016, contrary to Sections 4.3.1, 4.3.1(b) & (d) and 7.5.1(c) of the Code.
- STAR FM, IBADAN was on March 8, 2016 cautioned and directed to repackage or stop a programme titled, “Oruomeniowo” replete with negative myths and superstitious beliefs, in breach of Sections 3.4.1, 4.2.2(c) and 7.0.23 of the Code.
- OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSOGBO was warned on March 11, 2016 against the practice of inserting unidentified infomercials within other programmes which breached Sections 3.2.1, 8.2.1 and 8.2.4 of the Code.
- RAINBOW FM, ISHERI was warned on March 8 & 17, 2016 respectively for breaching 60secs advert duration and endorsement of sponsors by presenters which breach Sections 7.0.10 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- WOMEN FM, AREPO was cautioned on March 19, 2016 for endorsement of sponsors by presenters, breaching Section 7.0.15 of the Code.
- INSPIRATION FM, IBADAN was warned on March 9, 2016 to desist from packaging religious programmes in the format of infomercials, in breach of Section 8.2.5 of the Code.
- OGBC II, ABEOKUTA was cautioned for endorsement of sponsors by presenters on March 9, 2016, in breach of Section 7.0.15 of the Code.
- JOY FM, OTUKPO, was warned and requested to preview their musicals before going on air. Station on March 4, 2016, at 4:59pm played musical titled “Bottle Action” by Miss B, laced with vulgar lyrics – “my niggas pouring liquor”, “her weak ass crew”, “hit that bitch with a bottle” etc. This contravenes Sections 126.96.36.199(c) and 3.6.1 of the Code.
- TTV JALINGO, was warned on March 3, 2016, at 6:30pm, for permanently displaying logo of Salejo Table water on the set as the sponsor of a programme during its programme “Zabi Soka” This contravenes Section 8.1.8 of the Code.
- TSBS (AM) JALINGO, was warned for airing a trado-medic advert of Akyautata Rayuwa on March 7, 2016 between 5:30pm & 6:00pm, with claims relating to the treatment of all eye complaints, conditions, indications or symptoms. This contravene Sections 7.3.5 and 7.3.2 of the Code.
- UNITY (FM), JOS, was warned and directed to withdraw the adverts or repackaged to meet broadcasting standard. Station during Trado Medic Trade Fair at Polo Field, Jos, aired trado-medic advert on March 21,22 & 23 2016 respectively between 4:00pm and 9:35pm, with spurious claims to cure diseases which should rightly receive the attention of a registered medical practitioner. This contravenes Section 7.3.5 of the Code.
- AIT JOS, was warned and invited for a meeting for airing trado medic advert from the Trado-medic Trade Fair at Polo Field, Jos, with spurious claims to cure diseases that should rightly receive the attention of a medical doctor on March 27 & 30, 2016 respectively between 9:05pm & 9:26pm. This contravenes Sections 7.3.3, 7.3.5, 7.3.7, 7.3.18 and 8.2.2 of the Code.
- RAY POWER (FM) BAUCHI was warned for airing a trado-medic advert titled “Sako Daga Sabil” on March 21, 2016 between 10:30am & 10:45am and also “Cibiyar Rahamaniya” on March 23 & 28, 2016 between 10:25am & 10:45am respectively. The two trado-medic infomercial involves the use of testimonial to back the efficacy of their medicine. This contravenes Sections 7.3.7 & 8.2.2 of the Code.
Station was also warned for airing a music by Ja Rule featuring Ashanti titled “Always on time” which contained vulgar and indecent expressions such as “bitch”, “you freak me baby”, “I fuck you baby”.This contravene Sections 3.6.1 & 188.8.131.52c of the Code.
- FRCN HARVEST FM, MAKURDI, was warned and directed to stop airing musicals with vulgar lyrics. Station played series of musical titled “Thong Song” by Sisqo, “New fame” by Chris Brown featuring Usher and Rick Ross and a musical titled “Young Forever” by Jay Z’s featuring Mr. Hudson with vulgar lyrics on March 22 & 23 2016 respectively. This contravene Section 184.108.40.206(c) of the Code.
- DITV KADUNA was Fined One Hundred Thousand Naira Only (₦100,000:00) for breaching Sections 1.5(d) 7.3.1, 7.3.5, 7.3.7, 7.3.10 & 7.3.18 of the Code. Station broadcast back-back Trado medic advert of Alhaji Muhammad Dan Fulani, Auwal N Inuwa, Mansha Herbs, Hajia Khudirat, Hajia Zainab Niger, Hajia Hauwa Sudan, Alhaji Sadiq and Green Land with claims to cure pregnancy problem, tummy slimming, infertility in women, Hypertension, Diabetes, Typhoid, and Increase Libido on March 1, 2016.
- NTA KADUNA was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000:00) for breaching Sections 7.3.5, 7.3.10,7.3.15 & 7.3.18 of the Code. Station broadcast a trado-medic advert of Alhaji dan Fulani and Aboki Herbal Home aired on March 2, 2016 with claims to cure Infertility, Diabetes, Pile, Increase Libido. Green Land claims to have three departments for Eye, Skin and General problems.
- PYRAMID FM KANO was fined One Hundred Thousand Naira (₦100, 000:00) for breaching Sections 7.3.5 and 7.3.18 of the Code. Station aired a trado Medic advert of Baba Ota which claimed to cure women irregularities, lower back pain and correcting sexual weakness on March 18, 2016.
- KARAMA FM was cautioned on March 1, 2016 for playing a Hausa musical with indecent lyrics by Sadi Sidi Sharifai titled “Baba Sai Mana Mai Rose” where young daughters are taught how to flirt and swindle money out of their suitors, portraying such habit as positive thus: “…ku zo da bukatar kudi a kunnen su ku fesa, kuma ku yi gwalli duk sassan jikin ku su motsa, kuyi ta yin yauki har a zuci suji sun kyasa...” Meaning “…ask them for money, flirt with them, shake your body until they become enchanted....” Breaching Sections 220.127.116.11(c) & 3.6.1 of the Code.
- SUPREME FM KADUNA management was invited on the breach and other related broadcast issues. Station on March3, 2016 broadcast an indecent musical by Nicky Minaj ft Lil Wayne titled “High School” saying: “…she loves me like a brother but fuck me like a husband……..pussy like an oven too hot to put my tongue in. All I had to do was rub it, the genie out the bottle pussy wet…….” this breaches Sections 18.104.22.168(c) & 3.6.1 of the Code.
- BRILA FM KADUNA on March 11, 2016 was cautioned for breaching Section 7.0.31 & 7.0.15 of the Code. A presenter with the station hyped Swan Natural Water thus: “it will guarantee you a better quality life, it makes your system regulate and you can use it to contest and win election….”
- NAGARTA RADIO KADUNA was cautioned for breaching Sections 3.3.3 and 4.5.1 of the Code on March 20, 2016 for broadcast of unbalanced programme where unfair remarks were made against workers of sachet water companies by Malam Halliru Usman Birnin Yero. They were described as dirty people who didn’t know basic personal and environmental hygiene.
- CAPITAL SOUND FM KADUNA was cautioned to authenticate the validity of the claims. Station on March 11, 2016 breached Sections 1.15(n) & 8.2.2 of the Code for broadcast of misleading and unsubstantiated informercial of “Efex Rally Financial Trading and Kaduna Revolution Financial seminar”. Participants according to the informecial, will learn how to do financial trading which is the largest and liquid market in the world. The seminar is free but with an ongoing promo to win a Toyota Hilux and other fantastic prizes. Another claim was, one can start the business with minimum of fifty thousand naira only (N50, 000:00).
- EXPRESS FM RADIO KANO was March 17, 2016 was cautioned and advised to ensure balance in subsequent episode. Station breached Sections 3.3.3 and 4.5.1 of the Code for broadcasting unsubstantiated allegation against Kano state Governor Ganduje and the house of Assembly by Sharu Garba Gwammaja of APC. He alleged that each state assembly member that removed the red cap received N17, 200,000, after attending a secret meeting with the governor where he approved the cash for them.
Station was also on March 3, 2016 cautioned and advised to stop using newscasters in voicing adverts. A regular presenter of Express Radio programme “Duniya Tumbin Giwa” featured vocally in advert of M M Haruna English Academy in breach of Section 7.0.20 of the Code.
- FREEDOM FM KANO was caution to ensure balance. Station on march 17, 2016 breached sections 3.3.3 and 4.5.1 of the code by the broadcast of unsubstantiated allegation against kano state house of assembly and the governor by sharu garba gwammaja of apc. he claimed that each state assembly member that removed the red cap received ₦17,200,000.00, adding that the governor invited them to a secret meeting and approved the cash.
- RAHAMA RADIO KANO on March 17, 2016 was cautioned to ensure balance for broadcast of unsubstantiated allegations by Comrade S. Ungoggo against former Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso in breach of section 3.3.3 & 4.5.1 of the Code. He alleged that Kwankwaso was autocratic, lacks transparency and fraudulent during his tenure as Governor.
- RADIO KANO FM was cautioned to ensure fairness in all programmes. Station on March 17, 2016 breached sections 3.3.3 and 4.5.1 of the Code for an unbalance political programme which featured only Gov Ganduje’s loyalist criticizing Senator Rabi’u Kwankwaso.
- FREEDOM RADIO JIGAWA was Cautioned for breaching Section 7.0.14 of the Code for Using Superlative in the advert of Plus One Mobile “Mu ne na DAYA” meaning “we are number ONE” on March 1, 2016.
- NEW WORLD FM DUTSE was warned to desist from airing such broadcast. Station on March 2, 2016 broadcast Unfair remarks against Corps’ Members and Business “Migrants” in a Tafsir progamme by Malam Mahmud Yunus translated thus: two categories of people are responsible for the spread of HIV/AIDS in Jigawa state the Business migrants and irresponsible corps’ members who according to him pass the disease from lusty lovers to promiscuous wives; and vice versa, to spread it. This is a breach of Sections 3.3.1 & 4.5.1 of the Code.
- BOND FM was fined after a letter of final warning for airing the breach on Tradomedics. They were also cautioned for airing excessive advert, breaching Section 7.3.18 & 7.0.10 of the code.
- ONTV was cautioned for airing movies that have violent scenes, cruelty, gory details and horror and for advert without termination date. Sections 3.10.1, 3.10.6, 4.2.1, 3.7.3, 3.10.4 of the code were breached.
- TVC was cautioned for several breaches ranging from presenters’ indecent attire while on air, hyping, discussions that were supposed to be done during adult belt, musicals that are not suitable for broadcast, NTBB, in breach of Sections 1.9.1, 7.0.15, 7.3.1, 7.3.15, 3.6.2, 3.7.19, 3.7.3, 3.6.1, 22.214.171.124c, 3.1.6. of the code.
- STV was warned to stop the musicals that are not suitable for broadcast and backdrop which breaches sections; 3.6.1, 126.96.36.199c & 1.3.6 of the Code.
- GALAXY TV was cautioned concerning the following issues, non-adherence to programme schedule, political programmes that are not balanced, which contravened Sections 4.5.1, 3.4.2, 4.2.2g, 4.1.1, 3.4.7, 1.5.1 of the Code.
- NAIJA FM was cautioned for their various breaches in breach Section 1.9.3 of the Code.
- LTV was cautioned to a breach which contravened Section 7.0.35 of the Code.
- MITV was cautioned and advised on how to handle the broadcast where they breached section 7.0.35 of the Code.
- RADIO LAGOS: was warned for its various endorsements in recent times in breach of Section 7.0.15 of the code. The zone also had a meeting with the GM of the station.
- METRO FM was cautioned to a breach on hyping, breaching Section 7.0.15 of the code.
- AIT was cautioned on the use of scroll bar to advertise a product, breaching Section 7.0.35 of the code.
- PROGRESS RADIO FM GOMBE on March 3, 2016 was cautioned for broadcast of Hausa musical by Dan Ibro “Baba sai mana mai ros”, with vulgar lyrics, thus; “…father, show us what to do to get money from a boy friend…okay, all of you should shine your eyes, I will demonstrate how to earn money from your boy-friends…when they come to you, tactically unveil your cash request, walk majestically with all your body shaking to arouse their emotion in a flirtatiouss manner, soft tone and avoid harsh language….” This breached Sections 188.8.131.52 (c) & 3.6.1 of the Code.
- RAY POWER FM GOMBE on March 15, 2016 was warned for broadcasting a trado – medic advertisements with spurious and exaggerated claims as well as offer of medicines for serious diseases. This violated Section 7.3.5 of the Code.
- FRCN MAIDUGURI was cautioned on March 19, 2016 for playing Kanuri Royal Musicals for more than 15 minutes without station’s identification. This violated Section 1.3.3 of the Code.
- RADIO GOTEL AM was cautioned on March 30, 2016 for airing a trado-medic adverts of Alhaji Isma’ila mai maganin maza, who claims to increase sexual libido. This violated Sections 7.3.1 & 7.3.18 of the Code.
- BRTV TV was cautioned for airing the advert of Bash Trust Travel Agency Maiduguri which exceeded 60 seconds, on March 16, 2016 thereby violating Section 7.0.10 of the Code.
- NTA DAMATURU was cautioned on the March 23, 2016 for non embossment of station’s logo in local programmes throughout the week which violated Section 1.3.1 of the Code.
- BRTV FM MAIDUGURI on March 24, 2016 violated Section 3.6.1 of the code for the broadcast of an indecent Hausa music “Barmani Coge”, with vulgar lyrics.
- NTA SOKOTO on March 03, 2016, was cautioned for airing Grand Ibro Hotel, which exceeded 60 secs, in breach of Section 7.0.10 Of the Code.
- EQUITY FM on March 25, 2016 was cautioned for airing advert of adverts of Yusha’u Faila Gwadangwaji Boutique which exceeded 60 secs in breach of Section 7.0.10 of the code.
- NTA BK on March 09, 2016, was cautioned for airing advert of Yusha’u Furniture Factory, Which exceeded 60secs, in breach of Section 7.0.10 of the code.
- The following stations were cautioned and advised to desist from allowing scheduled programmes to fail. RTV SOKOTO on March 04, 2016; Pride FM on March 01 & 28, ZAMFARA RADIO AM on March 28, 2016; KBC on March 15, 2016 and NTA KB on March 09, 2016, in breach of Section 3.4.7 of the code.
- RTV SOKOTO was on March 16, 2016 was warned for absence of aviation warning light in breach of Section 184.108.40.206 of the code.
- VISION FM was on March 03, 2016 warned for breaching Section 7.6.2c of the Code on political broadcast.A staff of the station, Bello Abdullahi Jari voiced advert of PDP local government aspirant.
- NDTV YENAGOA was warned on March 8, 2016 for airing a church session of Trinity Covenant Bible Church with unsubstantiated claim of healing – excerpt: A Pastor was shown praying for a young man who claimed of being healed of a fractured bone on his left leg. During the prayer, the man fell down and rose up after a while, with a mended leg walking without a walking stick and praising God. This contravene section 4.3.1(g) of the Code. Station was also on March 14, 2016 warned for airing a religious programme of God is Able Ministries with unsubstantiated claim of miracle and healing: A young boy claimed he had partial blindness close to a year and after sometime, the boy stood up to claim he had been delivered and the Pastor asked him to identify his fingers etc. This contravenes Section 4.3.1(g) of the Code.
- AKBC RADIO, UYO was warned on March 31, 2016 for advertising Dr. Owonudo’s hospital during its programme “Market Guide”, where a presenter described Dr Owonudo as a “number one” specialist who can take care of all the diseases in one’s body. She urged people to go to Dr Owonudo for all their problems. This breached Sections 7.0.14 and 7.0.15 of the Code.
- RHYTHM FM, PORT HARCOURT on March 31, 2016 was warned for airing a phone-in programme titled “Deep Saulia” Topic: Phone Sex for Couples with Steve, at the wrong belt. The programme was characterized with graphic details of sex through phone conversation, a phone sex according to the presenters includes sending sex around through talk and sending of nude pictures was discussed. Some callers said it will lead to masturbation or watching of porn, if your partner is far away from you. A caller said his wife sends him nude pictures that is why he is running back home etcetera. These contravene Sections 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.7.10 and 3.11(c) of the Code