NBC HONOURS BEST STAFF
Hardwork, discipline and loyalty to the system got a boost on Wednesday, May 16, 2012, as the National Broadcasting Commission honoured 22 of its very best.
The event, which took place at the State House banquet hall, saw Mr.Umatte Dugje, a senior clerical officer with the Maiduguri Zonal office of the Commission, walk away with his seventh award as one of the best staff for the year, 2011, after being so recognised for six years consecutively.
In his opening remark, the Director General reiterated that hardwork, discipline, loyalty and dedication to duty were the core values that make a staff outstanding. He pointed out that the best staff award programme was reinstituted to increase productivity and effective service delivery.
While acknowledging the contributions of all members of Staff to the progress of the Commission, the DG congratulated the 22 awardees and implored them not to rest on their oars. He admonished them to each be a positive influence on their other colleagues in the Commission.
Those honoured included fifteen senior staff and seven junior staff. They were:
* Miss Pauline Ehusani – Chief Monitoring Officer (Ibadan Zone)
*Mallam Musa Birniwa – Asst Chief Monitoring Officer (Maiduguri Zone)
* Mrs.Uzoamaka Ogbalu – Asst. Chief BP & R (HQTRS)
* Mr. Linus Iwuna – Asst.Chief HRM (Enugu Zone)
* Mr.Adekunle Tella – Prin. Acct (HQTRS)
* Mrs. Aisha S.K.Mohammed – Snr.HRM Officer ( Abuja Zone )
* Mrs. Brisca Auta – Prin. Executive Officer 1 (Jos Zone)
* Mallam Ladan Mohammed – Princ. Exec. Officer 1 ( Sokoto Zone)
* Mr. Kingsley Madu – HRM Officer 11 (Benin Zone )
* Mr.Peter Yusuf – Chief Clerical Officer (HQTRS)
* Mr.David Yilbina – Tech.Officer ( HQTRS)
* Mr. Ayuba Samaila – Exec. Officer Acct.( HQTRS)
* Mr. Michael Otaru – Chief Clerical Officer (HQTRS)
* Mr. Pius Ikerave – Chief Clerical Officer (HQTRS)
* Mrs. Godiya Julius – Snr.Clerical Officer ( HQTRS )
* Miss Agnes Ogar – Asst. Exec. Officer (HQTRS)
* Mr.Jeremiah Saidu – Asst. Exec. Officer (Abuja Zone)
* Mrs. Bose Osobase – Snr. Clerical Officer (Ibadan Zone)
* Mr. Cletus N. Odo – Snr. Clerical Officer (Enugu Zone)
* Mr. Umatte Dugje – Snr. Clerical Officer (Maiduguri Zone)
* Mr. Osayande Joseph Driver Mechanic (Benin Zone)
* Mallam Malami Ibrahim – Clerical Asst. (Sokoto Zone)
Each awardee went home with a plaque and the sum of fifty thousand naira (N 50, 000).
Responding on behalf of the awardees, Miss Pauline Ehusani, expressed appreciation to the Director General and the Management of the Commission for the recognition accorded them and promised that the award shall spur them to put in additional effort while carrying out their duties.
The event was attended by the board of Management of the Commission and all staff at the Headquarters and Abuja Zone.