Heart Beat of the Midland.
The Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation, Ilorin, with broadcasting identification, Radio Kwara, started broadcasting service in Ilorin in 1956 as a relay station. It was then known as provincial Broadcasting House. The ¼ Kilowatt (KW) Medium Wave transmitter which was then used, covered only about 8 kilometer radius of Ilorin. However, Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation as constituted today, formally came into being with the enactment of the Kwara Edict No 3 of 1979, but with retrospective effect from April 1st , 1978. This was one of the beneficial by-product of the first state creation in Nigeria.