Serve the people-AM; Radio Kano2 FM Stereo
Radio Kano’s history is dated back to 1946, as the station was originally a branch of the Radio Distribution Services (RDS) established by the then British Colonialists. Two other Radio distribution services established in the country within the same period were in Lagos and Ibadan. The first officer-in-charge of the radio distribution service in Kano in 1946 was late Alhaji Bello Dandago (Sarkin Dawaki Maituta). When the station assumed the name of provincial broadcasting house some years later, it also had various veteran broadcasters as officers-in-charge at different times.